Sunday, March 1, 2009

rain rain go away

Holy Chinese Arc, has it been raining here. This is the 15th straight day of clouds/rain. I really feel like I moved to Seattle or Northern England. It is a damp rain too, about 40-50 degrees, the kind that seeps into your bones. Luckily, our apartment is really well heated but I noticed that a lot of places aren't. Chinese construction is not the best quality, as you could guess. Coupled with the fact that Chinese people are notoriously cheap - well, we have a pretty drafty situation.

The rain is not usual and should subside later this month for the official start of Spring. Aparently, May and June rock and by July, its a tropical steambath for a few months, which sounds pretty good right about now. I will look forward to seeing those May flowers!

We did have a really special weekend. Veronica and Natalie found some wonderful new friends that invited them to a private pottery class at the Hongqiao flower market. For less than $10/class, the girls had a private lesson in the famous flower market and made some beautiful pottery. It goes on for a few more weeks so I will definitely take pix next time. While they potted, Jed and I bought an entirely new set of plates, bowls, mugs and serving platters for about $100. Oh, Jed was one happy guy after that.

Still working on the blog and will try to add more pix and less copy. Most days I am so happy to be here and be having this amazing experience. Some days I feel like I am running uphill in a sandpit. A very few days, I have wondered what the @#@$%$ I am doing here. Then, I have the ayi paint my toenails while I watch Oprah and I feel better (jk).

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment